Saturday, October 18, 2008

Friday's bento # 29


Another bento of leftovers from dinner - vegetables and fish. I started eating then remembered have not taken a pic.. ^_*
I am still trying to get use to the idea of straight out of the fridge to work bento. I pack the upper box with the leftovers the night before and place in the fridge. I only heat up the rice in the morning. I suppose by noon the food is already room temperature whether from the fridge or heated up in the morning? Taste wise, I think it was the same... probably because I am not particular that my food must be heat hot.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Thats why I normally eat my bento lunches by between 11.30am-12.00noon. Afterwhich they will be dead cold!

Emily said...

I suddenly remembered: For the times I cooked for my bentos ~ I heated up my rice cooker made-for-two with the rice at the bottom, with main dish in a bowl on top of the rice and pile the raw veg (if using raw) or left over vegs if any on top. The food is normally reheated (and ricecooker switched off) by the time I tidied up the hse and got the garbage and newspapers ready to go. All this I do before getting out of the house for my morning walks.

The food will be cooled down abit after my walks; ready to be packed!

Biblo said...

Exactly, my point. Do we really need to heat it up to let it be cooled down again? Its different if its cooked in the morning like what Fiona did. Has it been instilled in us that food from the fridge must be reheated first before consumption? Or is it just me?

Emily said...

I had also tried that: packed food overnit and eating them straight from box without reheating in the morning woh... but feel something is not right leh.... but cannot put a finger on wats wrong!

Biblo said...

Yalor, what could be the problem? Will have to try a few more times and see if can finger it....LOL!!!

3lilangels said...

Your mom used to freak out when I take leftover food straight from fridge to eat. A habit acquired from lazy student's overseas days. Other than rice and noodles everything else tasted fine to me. But nowadays, scared the kids get food poisoning, so very diligently freezing food and reheating again.