One day last week, I came to work with just tomatoes because Fiona got other ingredients for a sandwich - wholemeal bread and tuna... So, that was tuna sandwich for breakfast.
Then Twister showed up with the above and hey, there's my lunch... ^_* Fried eggs on the left and stuff green chilies on the right. (My mouth is watering as I type.) Twister posts recipes on her blog, if you don't already know, but its all in chinese. I offered and tried/attempted to translate(with much help from Fiona) them to english as someone requested but think I failed to come up with anything.
You can find the original recipe here. And below translated to english...
Stuffed Green Chilies
- 8 green chilies
- 1 slice lean pork (chopped)
For meat seasoning
- a little bit of parseley
- a little bit of five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the sauce
- chopped garlic
- chopped shallots
- taucheo (yellow bean sauce)
- cornstrach (add in water)
1. Prepare the green chilies for stuffing - clean the green chilies and slit in the middle. Discard the seeds.
2. Chopped lean pork, add in all the seasonings, stir in one direction and marinate for 3 hours.
3. Stuff the meat paste into the green chilies.
4. Heat up some oil in a wok and fry the green chilies until golden in color. Dish up.
5. Using the same wok, leave some oil, stir fry the chopped garlic, shallots until fragant. Add in the taucheo and some water. Thicken the sauce with corn starch and ready to serve.
That was not all... some more got dessert!
Another colleague came by with her sister's made steamed pumpkin covered with grated coconut.